Our Past

1983: Christmas morning fire at rural Princeton

Compiled by Erin M. Gentz
Posted 12/27/23

Dec. 28, 1983: Princeton, LeClaire and Pleasant Valley firefighters battled a fire early on Christmas morning at the Cole home, five miles southwest of Princeton. The family huddled in a barn as firefighters battled the flames and frigid wind chills. Two rooms and an outside wall were damaged, due to the fire, which was caused by faulty wiring. But there were no injuries, and no presents were damaged.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue


Log in