Effective July 1, 2020
In keeping with The North Scott Press’ desire to provide a free obituary for all families who have lost a
loved one, and also meet the expectations of families who wish to go beyond the basic information and are
willing to pay for a custom obituary, The NSP is instituting the following policy:
We will to publish the following information, edited to our standards, for free (no substitutions with custom list):
• Name, age and hometown of deceased
• When and where they died
• Service time, date and place
• Visitation time, date and place
• Burial location
• Birth information: date, place, parents’ names, mother’s maiden name
• Marriage information: date, place, name of spouse
• Memorials may be made to...
• Survivors: spouse, daughters (and spouses), sons (and spouses), stepchildren, parents, sisters, brothers and spouses.
• Preceded by (same list applies)
• Mortuary in charge of arrangements
• No Photo
For a fee of $95*, we will publish a custom obituary that may include the addition of the following information:
• Memberships: Church, clubs, organizations
• Pastor conducting service
• Pall bearers
• Names of aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and step-grandchildren and step-greatgrandchildren.
• Special friends.
• Names of pets
• Sports teams
• Information that goes beyond the statement of fact
• Notes of thanks
(*) One photo is included. A second or “early” photo may be included for an additional $30.
(*) Custom obituaries will include a line designating them as such.
(*) Obituaries more one-fourth page will be $175.
The North Scott Press is a weekly newspaper published on Wednesdays, serving 14,000 readers in greater rural Scott County, Iowa. Our deadline is Monday at 10 a.m., however, we ask you to please call us if there are special circumstances. Phone: (563) 285-8111; fax: (563) 285-8114; email: email@example.com.